For quick reference, below is a listing of all major characters and song effects appearing in CD ONE.
MICHAEL KAY – Disco-loving Music Master and founder of the new Audio Knights.
– CANNED HEAT – JAMIROQUAI – Can channel burning heat in his hand and heels.
– YMCA – VILLAGE PEOPLE – creates a huge, YMCA-shaped Sentonal.
– DANCING MACHINE – JACKSON 5 – turns Michael into a silver-facet, disco ball-headed robot with superhuman dancing skills.
– STARLIGHT – THE SUPERMEN LOVERS – creates a silver-teal compact disc that Michael can ride and fly upon.
KIM RAMONE – Angry girl and Michael’s first mentor. Uses punk-rock music.
– DESOLATION ROW – MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE – Grants Kim purple darkforce claws, provides enhanced strength, speed and durability at the cost of increased emotional distress.
– WALKING DISASTER – SUM 41 – creates multiple clawed “hydra-arms” which rip and tear at enemies to defend Kim.
– BLITZKRIEG BOP – THE RAMONES – creates a towering, mohawk-wearing skeleton Sentonal with a Panzer tank cannon for an arm.
– SUPERMAN – GOLDFINGER – allows Kim to turn objects into superhard gold replicas by touch.
– FAT LIP – SUM 41 – creates a watery, liquid prison on those Kim can immediately perceive.
CALVIN ALTBERG – Friend to Michael, a shifty rogue. Uses electronica music.
– HARDER BETTER FASTER STRONGER – DAFT PUNK – creates neon two-dimensional squares Calvin can launch as projectiles.
– GENESIS – JUSTICE – turns Calvin into a monstrous, kaiju-esque creature.
– WE COME TOGETHER – GOLDFISH – allows Calvin to turn into particulate 8-bit parts and alter his physical structure.
– ANGEL IN THE NIGHT – BASSHUNTER – turns Calvin into a neon red and yellow android capable of energy blasts and flight.
– MOVE YOUR FEET – JUNIOR SENIOR – fuses Calvin and Michael into one being that can combine elements of their song effects in battle.
AERIS FAIRFIELD – Country girl from Texas, works at Audio Empire. Down to earth, and focuses on country and rock.
– THIS FRAGILE BREATH – TODD AGNEW – can channel silver-blue lighting through her fingertips. Aeris wears gloves so as not to burn herself.
– ANGEL IN THE MORNING – OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN – Aeris sprouts crystal-blue angel wings from her back, allowing her atmospheric flight.
– HEART OF GOLD – NEIL YOUNG – forms golden vines from Aeris’s hands that can heal injuries, though the more serious take significant time.
– SCIENCE AND FAITH – THE SCRIPT – creates a clockwork sword and indestructible shield that Aeris can fight with. Useless if the items are seperated.
– STROKER ACE – CHARLIE DANIELS BAND – creates a car Sentonal that is indestructible as long as Aeris is within it. Can drive itself and is capable of expression and complex, daredevil maneuvers.
ROB PROTOTYPE – the first original Audio Knight, Michael’s uncle and a powerful bass-playing Music Master.
– TRAVELLING WITHOUT MOVING – JAMIROQUAI – allows Rob to translocate to any location he has previously seen.
– BASS OF SPACE – XAVIER FISCHER TRIO – summons a robotic, bass-cannon wielding Sentonal that fights for Rob.
– I GOT THE – LABI SIFFRE – can absorb kinetic energy, making Rob’s bass indestructible and channeling it back at the attacker.
COLLEEN KAY – Michael’s older sister. Non-Music Master, works as a nurse and loathes Rob for leaving Michael with her.
HELIA – Member of Zero Beat. Foul-mouthed, chain smoking partner to Renaldo.
– THE COBRA’S HOOD – BUCKETHEAD – creates large, green balefire cobras that fight on Helia’s behalf.
– OVERLOADED – BUMBLEFOOT – charges Helia with white, crackling energy that empowers her physical attributes.
RENALDO – Heila’s protege, and a member of Zero Beat. Quiet, and a bit of a coward.
– SEX BOMB – TOM JONES – creates a towering, blue bomb-headed Sentonal that can throw its own head as a powerful explosive.
NAMI NAGATAKI – Japanese girl tasked with capturing Rob Prototype, part of Nagataki X. Incredible at rythmn games, but also a bratty sore loser.
– HYPER EUROBEAT – NAOKI MAEDA FT. DRR ALLSTARS – creates killer DDR arrows, controlled by Nami’s movements and capable of puncturing through most materials.
– SWEET SURVIVOR – NONA REEVES – creates a Sentonal which floats behind Nami and assaults opponents with fast and furious punches.
– ONE NIGHT – DJ DOC – Creates a silver, Venus symbol object. True effect currently unknown.
– NIHON NO MIKATA – YAZIMA BEAUTY SALON – transforms Nami into a sterile white robot with a one-track mind and kitana wrist-guantlets for combat.
ARASHI NAGATAKI – Brother to Nami, the brains behind Nagataki X. Protective of his sister, but cold and calculating in all his endeavors.
– ULTRASOUL – B’Z – transforms Arashi into an orange sentai hero, giving him incredible strength, speed and durability.
– CONCEPT OF LOVE – HIDEKI NAGANUMA – creates red graffiti heart-shaped Sentonals that can pull other objects and even people into walls and dematerialize them.
AYLA SYNTARA – rogue Music Master who once ran a carnival troupe, and now runs her own personal Ensemble, Ripsaw. Insane and bloodthirsty, she murdered Kim’s brother Seth out of pure whim.
– GREATEST SHOW UNEARTHED – CREATURE FEATURE – a Sentonal that takes the shape of a massive carnival, which morphs according to its occupants fears.
– BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE – MARILYN MANSON – turns humans into dog-like, hoodie-wearing killer vagrants under Ayla’s control. The song effect is permanent, even while the song isn’t currently playing.
– HALL OF ILLUSIONS – INSANE CLOWN POSSE – creates a monstrous, clown Sentonal that devours opponents whole.
– I CAN’T DECIDE – SCISSOR SISTERS – creates a worm-like globule that can control a target’s motor functions with ghostly puppet strings.
DENNY GIRELLI – Newly recruited member of the Pop 5. Bubbly and a bit of an airhead, she is obsessed with Michael Jackson and his music. She falls in love with Michael at first sight due to his similar appearance despite being ordered to kill him.
– THRILLER – MICHAEL JACKSON – creates a large, undead werewolf in a tattered red jacket that is loyal to Denny and responds to spoken commands.
– SCREAM – MICHAEL JACKSON – gives Denny a new outfit, but amplifies her emotions while giving her the ability to unleash sonic screams of varying frequencies.
NATHAN ACKERMAN – one of the original Pop 5. A rule breaker and generally mean person, he is a loose cannon among the group.
– WHAT’S MY AGE AGAIN – BLINK-182 – allows Nathan to grow to giant size, over 40 feet. His clothes do not grow with him, leaving him in sneakers and boxers.
– ALL THE SMALL THINGS – BLINK-182 – creates a endless microphone-flail that Nathan can swing with destructive effectiveness.
LILY STREOWSKY – One of the original three of the Pop 5. Incredibly vain but gifted with a great voice, she is somehow incredibly bothered by Denny’s mere presence.
– LOVEGAME – LADY GAGA – manifests as glowing pink dice that Lily can throw as explosive projectiles.
– BORN THIS WAY – LADY GAGA – allows Lily to adapt to attacks and environmental situations. Her skin can become diamond against a laser, rubber against electricity, etc.
PAUL MERCURY – Second to last member recruited to the Pop 5. A Liverpool native brought over to America, he is quiet and reserved and secretly enamored with Denny.
– ACROSS THE UNIVERSE – THE BEATLES – creates a star-dotted Sentonal that is a replica of Paul. It copies his every move, and is capable of distorting space around it and others.
– PAPERBACK WRITER – THE BEATLES – creates a large, yellow-bound book that Paul can ride on. It can fly and maneuver under his mental control, but has no combat ability of its own.
OLLIE JAMEN – leader of this generation’s Pop 5. Ruthless and a skilled fighter, he has little patience for drama and prefers to answer his problems with action and force if necessary.
– STRONGER – KANYE WEST – creates a purple aura around Ollie that grants him incredible strength, speed and durability.
– GOLD DIGGER – KANYE WEST – creates a golden Sentonal in the shape of a beautiful female statue. It can morph its hands into golden pickaxes and thus is a deadly fighter.
SIRENIA ALTBERG – Older sister to Calvin Altberg, and the information person within the PureBeats. She is always scheming and harbors great jealousy for her younger brother.
– VIDEO KILLED THE RADIO STAR – THE BUGGLES – creates two Sentonals with television static for skin. They silently serve Sirenia as both fighters and her personal assistants.
– ICE ICE BABY – VANILLA ICE – creates a huge gun-type weapon that can shoot forth icy paint capable of trapping opponents with deadly cold.
– PLASTIC LOVE (NIGHT TEMPO) – MARIYA TAKEUCHI – turns Sirenia’s hand into a rose-colored metal wonder. It can dilate and speed up time at a small focused spot, withering objects and promoting healing and growth at the same time.
– ONCE IN A LIFETIME – TALKING HEADS – creates a tiny, suit-wearing cobra that can suck out memories of a target through its bite. Conversely, it can also transfer them back in the same way.
IBERIUS ALTBERG – Calvin and Sirenia’s grandfather, retainer of the PureBeats. He is a kind but firm man, who favors the happiness of his grandchildren over the state of the Ensemble himself.
DEJI AKIYAMA – Former member of the Asakawa Clan, and member of EMI Music’s branch of Zero Beat in Minato, Tokyo. Reserved and polite, he comes to Nami’s aid during a a dire hour of need.
– SWEET SOUL REVUE – PIZZICATO V – creates a pink, ghostly beatnik girl that has her own sentience and can possess human beings. She does not listen to Deji directly, but will do anything she can to try and protect him from harm. Incredibly unpredictable, she will kill opponents just as often as she’ll disable them.
NICODEMUS CRAVEN – leader of the Ensemble Cypress, and Fourth Beat over Zero Beat’s control of the Tri-State Area. Sick and depraved, he is particularly obsessed with Aeris Fairfield in more ways than one.
– CHAPTER FOUR – AVENGED SEVENFOLD – creates black tentacles that siphon light itself for sustenance. They can grow in size and attack at Craven’s mental command.
– RAINING BLOOD – SLAYER – summons a dark red rain cloud that can shoot down bloody weapons like lightning.
– DOWN WITH THE SICKNESS – RICHARD CHEESE – turns Craven into a green-tinged, sickly being capable of breaking his own anatomy to his benefit.
– DOWN WITH THE SICKNESS – DISTURBED – manifests a plague doctor-esque Sentonal armed with a ancient rifle and bayonet. The bayonet can pass on a deadly virus that can instantly crumble Sentonal and is only slightly slower at killing Music Masters.
– PSYCHOSOCIAL – SLIPKNOT – gives Craven the ability to psychically influence people through psychic black “knots”. It is tied to his perception, specifically eyesight.
– IMMORTAL – ADEMA – transforms into a horrid bird-man, a fusion with his own crow Scourge. He becomes fast, deadly, and immune to conventional damage through unholy regeneration.